> Home Page > Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
What does CAVALI do?
CAVALI is the Central Securities Depository in the Peruvian market. It is a private firm responsible for the register, clearing and settlement of securities. It allows people to sell and buy securities at local stock exchange and other central trade mechanism.
Is CAVALI a SAB?
No. A S.A.B. is a Peruvian Stock Brokerage firm authorized by the Securities Market Superintendence (SMV) dedicated to trade securities. All Brokerage Firms are Participants of CAVALI in order to access to the clearing and settlement services.
Is CAVALI a Stock Exchange?
No. Stock Exchanges (such as BVL - Lima Stock Exchange) are companies dedicated to facilitate the trade of securities. Stock exchanges provide services, systems and mechanisms for a fair, competitive, continouos and transparent trade.
CAVALI is in charge of the post trade services such as the clearing and settlement of securities.
What are CAVALI main roles?
- Institution for Clearing and Settlement of Securities (ICLV). CAVALI is responsible for the registration, transfer, clearing and settlement of securities conducted at BVL - Lima Stock Exchange (equities and private fixed income), GFI Peru (public debt) and Datos Técnicos S.A. (public debt). Also, it registers all transferences carried out with book entries.
- The Company is a manager of the Securities Settlement System. Currently, it is working updating its structure and internal regulations.
- CAVALI has been appointed by the Government as withholding agent for capital gains and interest income tax.
What is a RUT?
It is a code assigned to any beneficial owner registered in CAVALI. It is done for an adecuated registry, identification and confidentiality of the owner.
How can I find out my stock?
You may use any of this services:
- Register in CAVALI.WEB, our online information service, and check for free your securities account, late transactions, benefits received and repo operations done during the previous three months. Also, download for free your withholding tax certificate.
- Request a report in our offices to know your stock. This is a paid service. Find more information here: Más información en: http://www.cavali.com.pe/servicios_de_informacion.html
What is a change of ownership?
It is a service provided by CAVALI to those people who wish to change the ownership of the registered securities, but where no sale operation has been carried out.
If you need to do this, please visit http://www.cavali.com.pe/cambio_de_titularidad.html